HERBS GROW IN SHADE. CLEMATIS FOR SHADE. FAIRIES BED CANOPY.
Herbs Grow In Shade
- (herb) a plant lacking a permanent woody stem; many are flowering garden plants or potherbs; some having medicinal properties; some are pests
- Any seed-bearing plant that does not have a woody stem and dies down to the ground after flowering
- (herbal) of or relating to herbs; "herbal tea, herbal medicine"
- (herb) aromatic potherb used in cookery for its savory qualities
- Darken or color (an illustration or diagram) with parallel pencil lines or a block of color
- relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body; "it is much cooler in the shade"; "there's too much shadiness to take good photographs"
- Screen from direct light
- represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- Cover, moderate, or exclude the light of
- shadow: cast a shadow over
- (of a plant) Germinate and develop
- Produce by cultivation
- turn: pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become; "The weather turned nasty"; "She grew angry"
- increase in size by natural process; "Corn doesn't grow here"; "In these forests, mushrooms grow under the trees"; "her hair doesn't grow much anymore"
- become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain; "The problem grew too large for me"; "Her business grew fast"
- (of a living thing) Undergo natural development by increasing in size and changing physically; progress to maturity
Another close-up of this dainty little flower from the coriander herb in my garden ~ thanks for stopping by.
Common Name: Coriander or Cilantro ~ Scientific Name: Coriander sativum
Taste and Aroma:- Cilantro or Coriander flowers have a citrusy, biting tang.
Cilantro is a relatively easy to grow annual, requiring partial shade to full sun, moderately rich soil, and good drainage. Because it attracts bees, it is a welcome addition to any garden. It grows quickly and reseeds itself easily, producing delicate white to lavender flowers in an umbrella-like display. Keep the plant pinched back to restrain it from going to seed too quickly. The tender, young leaves are the tastiest. I find it helpful to plant new starts every few week to keep an ongoing supply available all summer.
The dry fruits are known as coriander seeds or coriandi seeds. The word coriander in food preparation may refer solely to these seeds (as a spice), rather than to the plant itself. The seeds have a lemony citrus flavour when crushed, due to terpenes linalool and pinene. It is described as warm, nutty, spicy, and orange-flavored.
It is commonly found both as whole dried seeds and in ground form. Seeds can be roasted or heated on a dry pan briefly before grinding to enhance and alter the aroma. Ground coriander seed loses flavor quickly in storage and is best ground fresh.
Coriander seed is a spice (Hindi name: ????? dhania), in garam masala and Indian curries, which often employ the ground fruits in generous amounts together with cumin. It acts as a thickener. Roasted coriander seeds, called dhana dal, are eaten as a snack. It is the main ingredient of the two south Indian dishes: sambhar (????????) and rasam (?????). Coriander seeds are boiled with water and drunk as indigenous medicine for colds.
Outside of Asia, coriander seed is used for pickling vegetables, and making sausages in Germany and South Africa (see boerewors). In Russia and Central Europe coriander seed is an occasional ingredient in rye bread as an alternative to caraway. Coriander seeds are used in European cuisine today, though they were more important in former centuries.
Coriander seeds are used in brewing certain styles of beer, particularly some Belgian wheat beers. The coriander seeds are used with orange peel to add a citrus character.
At the Food Animal Initiative (FAI) farm in Wytham, UK, broiler chickens have access to the outdoors and extra perching space so the young birds can exercise, dust bathe, preen and scratch. The birds are slow growing, taking 12 weeks to reach weight, about twice the time of a conventional bird. The broiler range is also planted with hedges and a strip of herbs to provide shade, shelter, additional nutrition and medicinal plants for the birds to self select as they desire.
bamboo shades blinds
white window shades
blinds in door
2 wood drapery rings
greenhouse shade screen